The Foundation Story
Respond with Kindness– Just Smile! and Donate
Assistance Vulnerability Elderly and Children International – AVEC International is a registered non- governmental organisation (Reg no. 10561). With its head office in Kampala, St. Apollo Kivebulaya Church of Uganda, Kitebi Lubaga Division opposite Muteesa II Royal Stadium Wankulukuku, Kampala.
It was started in April 2013 by a group of Social Workers motivated by the social work principle of restoring the social functioning and improvement of the quality of life and wellbeing of individuals, groups and communities in Uganda and the world at large.
Initial assessment meant to identify key local problems and conditions of the elderly and vulnerable children was carried out in Mityana, Wakiso, Kayunga, Gulu, Kamuli and Kampala districts of Uganda in early 2013. This provided basis for evidence-based decision making process as a fundamental principle upon which the organization was formed and operates.
To wholly transform the lives of elderly people and vulnerable children in societies in but not limited to Uganda.
To improve the quality of life of elderly people and vulnerable children by providing integrated family care and community based services to enable them become self reliant and productive members of society both economically and socially.
Our core values
- Team work
- Transparency; and
GENERAL AND SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES.
To work towards uplifting the livelihood status of the elderly, vulnerable children, youth and women in society.
- To work against children exploitation and to fight against victimisation of children particularly the girl child.
- To create the means for medical assistance and decent health care to the people suffering from disease, especially helpless children and elderly people.
- To create sensitisation about the plight of children and the elderly in the society by publishing magazines, journals and to reproduce works of arts, literature, science, crafts and other allied works/collections of works of arts for instruction and imparting useful knowledge.
- To raise funds through collection, donation or subscription and other means and invest money or incur expenditure in such manner as shall promote the attainment of aims and objectives of AVEC International.
- To undertake any other work or assignment which may be for the general welfare of Children and the elderly people including but not limited to promoting sports, cultural development and agriculture.
- Promoting education through providing scholarships/Financial help to poor rural/village children for their overall development.
- To take necessary steps to protect and promoting environment sustainability.
At Assistance Vulnerability Elderly and Children International (AVEC International) we pride ourselves in the daily contribution to individual and community well-being. We believe that by sharing common values we can increase the opportunity of each individual in the community.
Working with different development partners, AVEC International coordinates some of it activities with others organisations who are working in the same field or geographic areas for example Local and central government of Uganda, Local NGOs, International NGOs, Corporate companies, foreign government aid agencies and individuals. Through this cooperation/ partnership generally benefits AVEC international beneficiaries.
Assistance Vulnerability Elderly and Children International Volunteers helps build organizational strength. That strength comes not only from growing and retaining members and enhancing AVEC International programs, but also in the sense of ownership that our volunteers gain when they become visible advocates and fundraisers for our projects.
Our volunteers extends the resources and provide extra hands that enable AVEC to do tasks and activities that might not otherwise get done- They are constantly ready and willing to contribute their personal own time, talents, and as well as their body energy just to help making a successful project Thank you for all the good you do! We couldn’t get along without you!